Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A New Beginning

My blog started to feel foreign to me after the boys were born. I ended up with a raging case of postpartum depression that scared everyone around me, including myself. And the next thing I knew, I hadn't blogged in months. The sad thing is - I love blogging. And the farther I got from it, the more I realized how much I missed it. Once I began feeling more like myself, I realized how much I wanted to write again.

Today, the boys are 14 weeks old and I have documented next to nothing about their lives. I want to get back to that, but at the same time, I wanted my blog to be less about ME and more about my family and all of our experiences together. Our journey to become parents was a difficult one, but it is so nice to know that my family is now complete. It gives me a new sense of direction, focusing more on the moment and not on what I am missing.

I want to include more pictures here, more little tidbits about our lives. I am not sure how much I will be able to post, but I have been trying to come in the office at night to sort through my day and it would make me so happy to talk about everything here. Let's face it: life with Ainsley was crazy, yet incredibly enjoyable. Since Quinn and Aidan arrived, I am often overwhelmed with emotion. I feel completely baffled that I am still standing at the end of the day. It has been one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I want so badly to do it well. Parenting never seemed like more of a challenge until recently, but I guess that is to be expected.

I hope you stay and ride along on this journey with me. Please let me know you are here!

10 comments:

Kirsten said...

your new blog is so cute! You have your own button?!?! That's awesome. Can't wait to read all the updates on your family :)

Unknown said...

Fulfilled is misspelled in your blog title!

Sara said...

NO WAY!!!

Sara said...

Emailing my designer now . . . wow, cannot tell I have three kids, can you? Gees.

Kate said...

I'm here... Looking forward to stories and photos.

Anna said...

Hi Sara!! I am here, reading along...Can't wait to hear more about the boys and of course Ainsley! Glad you are feeling better! -Anna (Keeping the Faith)

Laura said...

I can't believe I didn't catch the misspelling! All fixed now! :)

Kirsten said...

The picture on your new button wasn't showing up on my blog. It said that the picture was removed from Photobucket. FYI

UCL said...

I'm here

Ashley said...

Reading your words echo many of my own, except that I only have the two boys and not a third child to take care of right now. There are days you will love very second with your children and days you are not sure if you are going to make it; I have just realized this is a part of motherhood. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger, huh? I think only those with multiples can truly understand the magnitude of two or three or four at once. Heck, I'm not sure how people with triplets or quads do it. Sheesh! It gives me the sweats to think about that.

It sounds like you and your hubby are a good team. If it is any consequence, there are ways that having twins gets easier (less frequent feedings, less awake time at night) but there are ways that is does get more difficult too (mobility). What I can say to make you feel better about that is the rewards increase significantly. The smiles, the laughter, the fun- it will light up your world and make it glow even more brightly.

Enjoy all your children, and don't forget your husband either. Make sure to have time for the two of you and just some alone time. That will also get easier and more necessary with the passing days.

Please email me if you have any questions or I can help in any way.

Post a Comment